Come and Join our Agency.
Fredlaw Transportation LLC
Agents for: American Transport Inc.
“A Member of the TII family of Companies”
Agency Code: AT985 / MT985
To become one of our agency drivers you must qualify to lease on to one of the TII companies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The following minimum qualification standards were adopted by the TII family of companies in considering an applicant for a
driving position. These guidelines are reviewed under a full safety history profile to include but not be limited to; MVR, DAC,
PSP, application & verification of previous employment / lease.
A. Driver applicant must be 23 years of age or older.
B.No commercial transportation related felony, theft or larceny conviction within the applicant’s lifetime that resulted in an
active prison or jail sentence. All other non-transportation related convictions will be subject to review at the discretion of
the company and/or its insurance company.
C.Two years verifiable experience in the past five years operating a tractor-trailer unit over the road, with a motor carrier
This experience to include a minimum of one year’s experience with the type of trailer the applicant will pull
* Marathon Transport applicants please see the experience exceptions below *
* American Wind Transport Group applicants please see the additional experience and requirements below *
HEAVY HAUL, OVER DIMENSIONAL & WIND ENERGY
A.Two years using the type of equipment being used / leased
B.Two years hauling the type of loads being moved
C.Multi axle endorsement on CDL (Doubles and Triples)
D.LCV (Long Combination Vehicle) certification card (if required for equipment being used / leased)
E.No over height claims
F.MVR - No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
G.No Preventable Accidents in the past 3 years (police report must be submitted to safety) (no more than 2 nonpreventable)
MARATHON TRANSPORT EXPERIENCE EXCEPTIONS
A.One year verifiable experience in the past five years operating a tractor-trailer unit, over the road, with a motor carrier.
This experience to include a minimum of three months experience with the type of trailer the applicant will pull.
B.Super Loads are not permitted or insured under Marathon Transport.
The nature and severity of any of the items referenced above, as well as the driver's record viewed in totality to include but
not be limited to; MVR, DAC, PSP, application & verification of previous employment / lease, may be sufficient cause for
declination of the application, termination and / or lease cancellation.
Driver Safety History Qualification Standards
Drivers may not exceed 3 points to be qualified and can not have any of the disqualification violations within the given time
period. All accidents in commercial motor vehicles may be weighted higher considering a risk base. Any current qualified
and / or leased drivers exceeding the qualification point values will be placed on probation, re-trained and / or cancelled.
The following standards were set in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Regulations and Insurance company’s guidance.
I hereby certify that I have read the minimum requirements and that the information that I supplied prior to
qualification was in compliance with these requirements.
Driver’s Signature Date
Violations (1 Point) if within the last 3 yrs
1. Speed 1-9 mph over posted
2. Accident (non-fault)
3. Seat Belt
4. Improper stop on highway
5. Improper U-Turn
6. Improper backing or turning
Violations (2 Points) if within the last 3 yrs
1. Speed 10-14 mph
2. Accident (at-fault)
3. New Lease Preventable Accident
4. Improper Lane Change
5. Failure to Yield
6. Failure to obey traffic control device
7. Following too close
Violations (3 Points) if within the last 3 yrs
1. Speed 15 over limit
2. Careless Driving
3. Speed – work/construction/School zone
4. Operating a commercial vehicle without
the proper endorsement
5. Operating a vehicle with a suspended
Disqualification if within last 5 years or lifetime
1. Operating a commercial motor vehicle without obtaining a CDL (5)
2. Operating a vehicle with a suspended license (Suspended for moving violations (5)
3. Operating while texting and /or cell phone (5)
4. Leaving the scene of an accident (5 yrs)
5. DUI/DWI, Drug or Alcohol Use / Possession(5)
6. False report to department (lifetime)
7. Fraudulent use of driver’s license (lifetime)
8. Hit and Run (5)
9. Homicide with a MV (lifetime)
10. At fault accident with a fatality (lifetime)
11.Manslaughter with a MV(lifetime)
12.Passing a school bus (5)
13.Participating in racing (5)
14.Railroad Crossing Violation (5)
15.Eluding a police officer (lifetime)
16.Using the vehicle in the commission of a felony involving manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing a controlled substance
17. Refusing to take an alcohol test as required by a state or jurisdiction under its implied consent laws or regulations (lifetime)
Disqualification if within the last 3 yrs
1. Speed 16+
2. Failure to report an accident
3. Failure to stop, aid, or identify
4. Reckless Driving
5. Wrong way on highway
6. Two or more at fault accidents
7. Allowing non-licensed operator
8. Violating a driver or vehicle out-of-service order (commercial operation)
Do you have a truck but no trailer? Then click the link to the right and check out: Fleet Solutions LLC